What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
This role has overall accountability to lead the team that executes sourcing events and contracting processes for Private Brand and Center Store Sourcing (e.g. spices).
This role has the ultimate responsibility of setting the overall Center Store and Private Brands sourcing strategy, event calendar, determining processes and tools for $10B in COGs, and setting an ambitious change agenda with clear intentions to achieve scaled sourcing, while preserving local where needed. Manages departmental budget including achievement of save for our customer targets and minimizing the cost of goods across the organization.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Oversees a team of Category focused leaders who plan and execute sourcing events and contracting processes for Private Brands Center Store, GM, HBC, Wine, etc. including:
Supplier scan and engagement
RFPs and vendor negotiations
- Oversees, guides, and informs alignment of assortment, specs, and vendors across Brands where relevant
- Leads the teams that leverage data & analytics to inform RFP processes, evaluate bids, and conduct rigorous post-award evaluations that improve future decision making, as well as the team that identifies GM Sourcing trends
- Identifies strategic Center Store & Private Brands opportunities and partners with Brands to execute outside of sourcing events
- Collaborates with Strategy, Brands, Supply Chain, and Private Brand teams to deepen strategic supplier relationships for Center Store and Private Brands
- Deep connection with finance on S4OC
- Works closely with Vendor Gov, Sourcing Development, and International Sourcing teams
- Partners with the Commodity team in Sourcing to drive savings based on commodity trends
- Partners with Brands, Commercial Hub, and Private Brands COE on potential areas for spec, assortment, and vendor alignment
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in business or applicable area of study or a combination of post-secondary education/courses/certifications and direct experience. Master’s Degree or MBA strongly preferred
- At least 10+ years of retail and sourcing experience, preferably in private or own brands
- Experience managing multiple functional teams
- Strong experience and understanding of Private Brand and Center Store sourcing events, RFP, negotiations, awarding decisions, and contracting process
- Proficiency working in Loblaws relationship
- Experience leading teams responsible for building and expanding center store sourcing competencies to drive growth and savings
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- The person in this role needs to have significant experience in sourcing leadership; prefer experience within grocery or retail and must be viewed as an authority with deep industry knowledge
- Negotiation strategy & business acumen
- Leverage size & scale to drive effective negotiations
- Team leadership, development, and delivery
- Achieve optimization in sourcing & contracting
- Strong negotiation skills, financial planning / budgeting and ability to communicate executive-level insight internally and externally while navigating nuances of financial and procurement decisions in negotiation
- Ability to create and communicate long-term strategic plans
- Exemplify 'leading function' leadership capabilities (ie inspire people and groups, develop functions, mobilize with shared purpose, champion change, and shape function strategy)
- Embody our partnership behaviors (i.e. commit to shared outcomes, partner across boundaries, empower our people and teams)
- Influencing in key business areas including but not limited to:
Product team in PB COE, Supply Chain
Leaders in Sourcing COE
- Specification and Assortment decisions
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.