Production Control Analyst at Ensono
The technician position will primarily responsible for maintaining and performing day-to-day operations, in addition to other operation technician duties as required.
This position requires the technician to follow all established documentation processes and using ITSM tools
This position will be working in a highly time critical environment. Service Level Agreements (SLA) apply to the timeliness and accuracy of the work performed which can include substantial financial penalties for Ensono if not met.
This position requires the technician to make independent judgment on the best way or by using best practices in monitoring and batch recovery. This requirement is based on not being able to anticipate every scenario, and to escalate as necessary.
This position works closely with the customer, 3rd party application programmers, Level 2 Tech Support and/or other Ensono teams to maintain the integrity of the client’s environment.
Required Technical Skills
- Perform system and batch monitoring on mainframe platform
- Execute job abend / job failure recovery per Runbooks
- Perform system IPLs
- Execute daily/weekly/monthly tasks per checklist
- Experience with multiple scheduling software packages but not limited to CA7, BMC Control-M, ASG Zeke, CA Jobtrac, IBM Tivoli TWSz
- Demonstrate ability to respond quickly and effectively to issues, requests, phone calls
- Execute batch throughput and system health to meet SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Ability to analyze problems and select proper corrective action
- Proficient in MVS, JES, sub-system commands
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Working with large environments supporting multiple systems/LPARs and 50,000+ batch jobs annually in a high demand-based service oriented environment
- Experience with establishing and documenting process and procedures pertaining to role and responsibilities
- Proficient with reading JCL
- Ability to multi-task
- Process Improvement
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to mentor team members in various areas of expertise
- Solid understanding of documentation and production support activities
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Understand a large-scale 24x7 production environment
- Ability to prioritize workload across multiple customers, software tools, and operating systems
Primary Location City/State:Homebased - Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.