Production Supervisor at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
Our Production Supervisor will be based in our Chicago production facility and will be a positive leader who can bring their team to optimal productivity. We need a great communicator who can both listen with compassion and speak clearly. You are probably a person who enjoys overcoming challenges and celebrating breakthroughs with our incredible kitchen team! Best of all, because this facility is brand new, this is an opportunity to find creative ways to improve efficiencies.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You understand your goals and know what it will take to achieve them; you're eager to motivate others because you have confidence in their abilities
- You take pride in doing things right; you know what the rules are and how to work within their parameters to get things done
- People find you easy to talk to because you listen empathetically, aren't judgmental and give sound advice - people trust you
- You're able to deliver negative information in a way that continues to motivate your team
- Others know that you're fair and treat each person with individual respect
- You're a team player and are willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done, whether that’s rolling up your sleeves and chopping greens or recommending strategies to help protect the health and safety of your team and consumers
- Solid background in food production and a passion for our mission
In a typical week, you will...
- Nurture strong working relationships with all kitchen team members and help create a coaching culture by providing regular positive and developmental feedback
- Make sure that all Farmer’s Fridge GMPs, operational guidelines, and quality standards are being followed
- Lead and direct the workflow of all production processes, in collaboration with shift and team leads
- Cross train your team for key skill sets so that there is daily coverage of all responsibilities
- Conduct root cause analysis for any safety or quality incidents or near misses and implement corrective action
- Identify opportunities for improvement and clearly communicate them at team meetings
- Resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action while treating employees with respect
- Cover operators, expeditors, assistant supervisors, and other key positions on shift in times of absence, vacations, and turnover
- 3-5 years of food prep, production or equipment experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- OSHA certifications preferred
- Prior experience participating in incident investigation processes, including root cause analysis and identification for corrective action plans
- Prior experience communicating worker safety rules
- Ability to use MS Office programs
- Bilingual Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Experience with 6 sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, or continuous improvements effort
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures