We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing, and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.
Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.
About the role
We’re looking for a Professional Development Specialist to help us reach thousands of users through engaging, high quality professional learning experiences. As our first PD Specialist, you’ll help our users understand the value of our products by leading external training sessions, certification courses, webinars, and asynchronous sessions. Along the way, you’ll help create curriculum, content, and a playbook for delivering amazing PD.
As our very first Professional Development Specialist, you'll deliver sessions with a goal to increase Screencastify usage, help our sales prospects realize the value of Screencastify, and empower our current customers to maximize their Screencastify adoption.
You’ll report to the Professional Development Manager on the Marketing team but, you’ll also work closely with sales, success, and product to refine our professional learning programs and report on their effectiveness.Why is this role special?
You get to have a massive impact. As our first Professional Development Specialist, you’ll help us determine the direction of PD at Screencastify. You’ll be an integral part of defining our strategy and launching new initiatives.
You'll tackle a variety of challenges. You’ll work closely with a lot of different departments at Screencastify. Plus, you’ll work with schools and districts of all stripes and sizes. No session will be exactly the same.
Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsAs the Professional Development Specialist, you will:
- Deliver hundreds of PD sessions within a school year, that encourage our thousands of educator users (or non-customers) to maximize their use of Screencastify's products
- Update and Enhance our existing Professional Development curriculum to meet the needs of customers, prospects, and individual users
- Have a direct impact on Screencastify usage rates and adoption of the product within the classroom
- Know teachers and understand how professional development can help shape their behavior
- Have experience delivering professional development sessions (at conferences, staff meetings, or anywhere else!)
- Are passionate about delighting users with engaging training, content, and certification materials and you have a proven record of success around improving understanding and usage
- Love to make constant improvements to certification programs and training curriculum
- Have outstanding and engaging communication and writing skills, including the ability to perfectly embody a brand’s voice within training and resources
- Are action-oriented, resourceful, and kind.
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.