Proposal Manager at Ensono
The Proposal Manager (North America) works closely with sales leads, solution architects, and other Subject Matter Experts to position Ensono as a relentless ally to clients and prospects. This individual manages technical proposal content, supports development of presentations, and responds to Requests for Proposals, Information, Quotes, and Qualifications (collectively referred to as RFXs) from prospective and current Ensono clients. As part of the Ensono Sales Operations team, the Proposal Manager supports potential deals throughout the proposal lifecycle. Candidates should be critical thinkers with a proven track record enabling and partnering with cross-functional team members (e.g., Sales, Product, Operations, Client Success, PMO, Marketing). Applicants should have solid experience articulating and aligning proposed technical solutions and value propositions with client business and operational requirements. Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) – demonstrated through writing samples -- and an ability to produce and deliver under sometimes tight deadlines are required. An affinity for or background in IT infrastructure and/or Managed Services is helpful. Advanced or Expert skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) are required; working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Qvidian proposal management software, and procurement portals (e.g., Ariba) preferred.
- Serve as project manager, process manager, and writer/editor for all assigned technical proposal opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development, from coordinating the deal team to applying Ensono global processes, tools, and technology to produce, circulate for review, and finalize proposals to Ensono clients and prospects.
- Participate in proposal kickoff meetings; lead touch-base / stand-up calls during proposal lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain schedule for internal proposal deliverables, communicating and obtaining buy-in on milestones from the deal team.
- Develop and deliver client proposals (RFX responses and proactive proposals), per client deadlines.
- Support development of proposal follow-ups (Bid Clarifications and BAFOs) and client presentations as required.
- Manage simultaneous / overlapping proposal cycles.
- Utilize Qvidian proposal management software to build proposals, actively maintain an up to date content library, provide access to users as needed for each deal, and provide reporting (e.g., workload, success rate, contributor productivity) to management.
- Work with sales and technical teams to articulate solutions that address client's requirements and apply relevant Ensono differentiators and value propositions.
- Oversee production and on-time delivery of proposals to clients.
- Contribute to departmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in training programs on company offerings and relevant tools.
- Additional pre-sales task as assigned by Senior Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate combination of education and work experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 7+ years of proposal management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting technical sales.
- High critical thinking, organizational, analytical, creative, and adaptive skills.
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork and leadership capabilities.
- Experience in working with managed IT services, hosting, mainframe, security, and / or outsourcing preferred.
- Advanced or Expert skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required; working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Qvidian proposal management software, and procurement portals (e.g., Ariba) preferred.
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning from a business perspective in a written form.
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload and still meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a solution.
- Qualified proposals delivered on-time
- Down-Select and Win Rates
- Year over year improvements in success rates and efficiencies