Provider EMR Workflow Training Manager at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Provider EMR Workflow Training Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Responsible for Athena Provider Workflow training department, including managing development and delivery of all Athena Provider Workflow training curriculum, environments and classes for all Athena Provider Workflow implementations. Oversees coordinating implementation training schedules and access and build of training facilities during implementations. Identifies, manages and schedules any ongoing enhancement, workflow change, and remedial training needed across all application users.
How you can make a difference
- Works closely with the Director, Application Operations, Athena Provider Workflow to craft a vision for the Athena Provider Workflow training plan
- Designs, develops, and facilitates the deployment of the Athena Provider Workflow training curriculum
- Integrates operational workflow considerations into the training development plan
- Periodically conduct analysis to identify learning needs and outcomes
- Is familiar with e-learning, web based, and synchronous/asynchronous learning content (i.e. Healthstream)
- Oversees the build and maintenance of Athena Provider Workflow training environments
- Collaborates with Athena Provider Workflow application teams to ensure Athena Provider Workflow training environment is kept refreshed and current
- Works with operational leadership in implementation markets to ensure appropriate training attendance
- Manages the hiring, securing and on-boarding of market-based implementation Credentialed Trainers
- Collaborates with market-based education departments to provide train-the-trainer programs
- Manage team of Instructional Designers, Local Learning Leads and Training Coordinators
Skills for success
- Ability to fully utilize VillageMD’s electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.
- A deep understanding of hospital organizations and ATHENA PROVIDER WORKFLOW certification and/or understanding of the ATHENA PROVIDER WORKFLOW product suite.
- Demonstrated project management skills (technology and people) with a track record of achieving goals on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built and maintained
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) preferred,
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and Styles certification preferred,
- Athena Provider Workflow Certification desired
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6 – 10 years of management experience.
- 5+ years of professional development/training experience
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong writing, communication and project management skills
- Excellent stand-up presentation skills
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience managing, coaching, or mentoring trainers
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs for supervisory, middle management, and senior management levels
- Works closely with Application Directors to stay abreast of application changes
- Partners with Operational Leadership to incorporate business workflow into training curriculum
- Works with communications team to publish training schedules and communicate with stakeholders
- Collaborates with SMEs and learners through the entire instructional design process
- Works with all levels of the organization from front-line staff to senior management
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.