Crafty is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to help reinforce and bolster our supply chain efficiency. Your primary responsibilities will be tied to order placement with our supplier network and inventory control at the warehouse level. You will place orders, then you will oversee the product movement from the time of inbound at the warehouse to the time of picking for an order. We are in search of a self-starter who will start running on day one. We’ve built a sizable supply chain to serve the needs of our clients but we understand the need to constantly improve what’s already in place. This role adds a level of visibility and specialization that has, to date, been missing.
In this role, you will:
- Execute orders from up to 50 of our suppliers with products ranging from cases of Corona to 3-packs of Clorox wipes.
- Monitor warehouse inbounds to ensure the right products come in.
- Communicate inbound timing to members of the Crafty team when questions arise.
- Maintain and keep product locations up to date at the warehouse to ensure inventory accuracy and organizational standards.
- Oversee product quality, especially as it relates to expiration dates, at the warehouse level.
- Interface on a daily basis with the Internal Operations Manager, Director of Supply Chain, and Chief Operating Officer.
Who we are looking for:
Your experiences have given you:
- A borderline problematic attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- An ability to work independently and, at times, without a manager present.
- The mindset of a strategic and detail-oriented planner with strong ability to identify and follow-through on opportunities for improvement.
- Entrepreneurial. You’re willing and excited to work within a high growth company with limited formal structure. You’re eager to test new things and seek continual improvement.
- An on-the-fly problem solver. This individual must be able to problem solve on the fly with our potential clients. We are brainstorming to build an exceptional system within each client. It’s our job to WOW our clients, and it all starts with you.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead, which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become. Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that! Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.