What we are looking for: We are seeking a self-motivated quality control manager to manage the daily transactional quality requirements in internal manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have quality experience in the areas of inspection, quality data analysis, PPAP and sampling tables. This fast-paced industry has exciting opportunities and is growing daily. Applicants should have willingness to be quickly trained and dive into the role and can work independently with minimal supervision.
About the Role:
- The Quality Control Manager will manage all quality transactional work and ensure the customer quality requirements are met.
- Will lead the quality inspection team and ensure that the inspection process flows efficiently and smoothly to shipping.
- Will lead the quality control engineering team
- Will lead and execute PPAP, FAI, control plans, validation work, and related product quality testing as required by the customer.
- Will lead the customer complaint log (CCL) program for internal mfg.
- Review quality inspection data and provide guidance to the suppliers and internal manufacturing while supporting customer requirements.
- Act a technical liaison between Fast Radius and customer on quality specification review, troubleshooting, rework, remediation, and corrective action as needed
- Ensure that customer quality documentation and inspection results are complete, organized, and available for review.
- Will work with on identifying all trends and customer feedback via the CCL program and deliver appropriate training and feedback to the external supplier and internal FR parties.
- Will function as on-site quality lead on daily production quality support
- Participate in regularly scheduled Operational meetings and lead the quality portion of the discussions.
- Will work closely with the Quality Systems group on required process and controls needed in transactional quality activity.
- Will work closely with the Director of Manufacturing and staff on required quality production support and buildout of new and revised process enhancements.
- Hands on experience in training with familiarity in training tools, software, and techniques
- Must be able to effectively communicate quality inspection reports and updates to the broader Fast Radius team
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience of quality engineering and leading quality teams and successfully executing on required technical deliverables for customers – PPAP - APQP – FAI – FMEA.
- Technical undergraduate degree in Engineering, Quality, or related equivalent work experience.
- Knowledgeable in AS9100, ISO9001, IATF 16949, ISO 13485 requirements
- Knowledge in ITAR and DoD requirements are a bonus.
- Ability to develop and deliver quality inspection reports in accordance with established plans.
- Ability to travel as needed to support the needs of the business (< 10%)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Other production tasks as workload varies.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in quality engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an operations manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated ability leading and managing quality work across multiple departments and suppliers.
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KA, KY, MD, MI, MN, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WI
Read Full Job Description