Regional Vice President, Small-to-Medium Business at DocuSign
Regional Vice President, Small-to-Medium Business
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to manage and motivate a team of Account Executives (AE's) to achieve individual sales quotas where targets will be prospects within the Small-Medium Business organization. This sales leader must be able to measure, monitor and hold AE's accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also required to assist in making account calls with AE's, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain DocuSign's value within accounts as well as deliver and coach Sales Demo’s via GoTo Meeting tool. This leader should mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They are also responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts, customer satisfaction, and delivering on quota.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the AVP, Commercial Sales.
• Grow DocuSign GNMRR within the corporate sales account base.
• Daily management of Account Executives.
• Develops & executes upgrade/renewal process & strategies and ensures compliance to internal data management & reporting including use of Salesforce.
• Assesses sales activities & forecasts to determine sales progress & required improvements. Recommends & implements improvements to achieve sales goals.
• Coach salespeople to develop their sales skills including vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals.
• Maintain/protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members & leading by example.
• Provides value in complex negotiations & the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales & Corporate Executives to maximize results.
• Work with each AE to develop & implement sales plans to achieve sales quota.
• Ensures the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement.
• Communicates & prioritizes product & business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments.
• Identifies & supports opportunities for the training & professional development of department personnel.
• Provides the sales team an effective sales executive to leverage in the sales cycle.
• BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university.
• 3+ years of management experience with specific experience in selling software preferred.
• 7+ years in a quota carrying role in fast-paced SaaS sales environment.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue & exceed quota by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, & vertical market plans.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written.
• Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase & utilize DocuSign’s diverse solution suite.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.