Regional Vice President, Vertical Markets at DocuSign
Regional Vice President, Vertical Markets
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Regional Vice President, Vertical Markets possesses the ability to manage and motivate a team of Account Executives (AEs) to achieve individual sales quotas where targets will be prospects within the Financial Services vertical. This sales leader will measure, monitor and hold AEs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also required to assist in making account calls with AEs, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain DocuSign's value within accounts as well as deliver and coach sales demos via Zoom Meeting tool. This leader will mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They will also be responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts and delivering on quota.
This position reports to the AVP, Vertical Markets, Commercial Sales.
- Develop and execute upgrade/renewal process and strategies and ensure compliance to internal data management and reporting, including use of Salesforce.com
- Assess sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements
- Recommend and implement improvements to achieve sales goals
- Coach AEs to develop their sales skills including Financial Services vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, and other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Provide value in complex negotiations and the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales and Corporate Executives to maximize results
- Work with each AE to develop and implement vertical-wide business and sales plans to achieve sales quota
- Identify and support opportunities for the training and professional development of department personnel
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience with specific experience in selling software
- BA/BS degree in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Financial Services experience
- Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue and exceed quota by managing process for identifying, qualifying, and closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and vertical market plans
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate and close complex contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase and utilize DocuSign’s diverse solution suite
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.