Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to join the 20+ person Compliance Department in Chicago. As a Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for participating in Avant’s Compliance Program, specifically in the areas of Compliance Advisory, Issue Management, Complaint Management, and Vendor Onboarding. You will be the compliance owner for either the Unsecured Loan, Credit Card, or Secured Loan product offered through the Avant platform. Your job will be to effectively partner with various business units to provide guidance and ensure regulatory compliance with respect to new initiatives, vendors, complaints, and issues.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations. As a Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will be expected to promote a culture of corporate compliance by the use of best practices and a compliant work ethic in accordance with Avant’s internal policies.
What you do at Avant:
- Help enhance and manage our issue management program, including assessing risk ratings and recommending remediation plans.
- Analyze newly proposed business initiatives for regulatory risks, suggest risk mitigations, and propose additional controls.
- Perform compliance-oriented due diligence on newly proposed vendors, collaborate with vendor owners, and discuss findings with senior Compliance leadership.
- Help manage our Complaint Management Program
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with various business units.
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Prepare formal reporting to internal committees, management and the Board of Directors and to external bank partners.
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- JD/CRCM is a plus
- 3+ years of financial services regulatory compliance experience (bank experience preferred)
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Prior compliance experience related to third party vendor relationships
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of being able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners, and regulators
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (experience with SQL is a plus)
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.