OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for an experienced Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Associate to join OppLoans' expanding and dynamic Compliance Department. You will report directly to the Regulatory Compliance Manager and work with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators.What you get to do:
- Assist the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management team in implementing Monitoring and Testing for applicable State and Federal regulations as part of our Compliance Management System
- Assess compliance risk through performing in-depth analysis of accounts, policies, procedures, marketing material, complaints, reports, and more.
- Work with Issues Management Team to ensure issues are addressed
- Collect data, files, and other materials for monitoring and testing
- Work in collaboration with Business Compliance Officers and other team members in different phases of testing and monitoring including planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up
- Assess the material, report on the findings, provide recommendations, and ensure escalation when needed
- Develop reports which are concise and provide value to business and management to improve compliance controls and mitigate risks
- Participate in the annual Regulatory Risk Assessment and other risk & control projects
- 3 or more years experience in regulatory compliance or state regulatory oversight with a focus on consumer lending
- Knowledge could come from on the job experience or education, such as paralegal certification, JD or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification
- Experience designing and implementing a compliance monitoring and testing program
- Applicable knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and Privacy
- Familiarity with data queries such as SQL and experience or ability to learn it with technologies such as JIRA or Monday or LogicGate
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].