Reimbursement Support Specialist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Reimbursement Support Specialist to join our team.
- Manage worklists for patient billing, medical record requests, COB/expired insurance, and refund requests in Tempus’ billing system
- Responsible for insurance credentialing and provider enrollment activities including provider/EDI enrollment, completing state Medicaid applications and ensuring all existing Tempus credentials are current
- Manage direct-to-client billing and follow up
- Assist Supervisor with aged account clean up in Tempus billing system
- Support appeals process as needed
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working credit balances
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients by telephone and email
- Results oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 4+ years healthcare revenue cycle / billing operations
- Familiar with laboratory billing, EDI enrollment, payer portals, Quadax a plus
- Proficient in Excel