Reimbursement Support Specialist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Reimbursement Support Specialist to join our team.
- Manage worklists for patient billing, medical record requests, COB/expired insurance, and refund requests in Tempus’ billing system
- Responsible for insurance credentialing and provider enrollment activities including provider/EDI enrollment, completing state Medicaid applications and ensuring all existing Tempus credentials are current
- Manage direct-to-client billing and follow up
- Assist Supervisor with aged account clean up in Tempus billing system
- Support appeals process as needed
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working credit balances
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients by telephone and email
- Results oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 4+ years healthcare revenue cycle / billing operations
- Familiar with laboratory billing, EDI enrollment, payer portals, Quadax a plus
- Proficient in Excel