REINSURANCE MANAGER/SR MANAGER/DIRECTOR at National General
Responsible for all financial aspects relating to reinsurance purchasing, tracking and reporting. Can be considered for Sr. Manager and Director levels dependent on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Ensure accurate ledgering of all reinsurance contracts including recoverable/payable tracking and payment booking.
- Monitor reinsurer recoverables, manage collateral provided, and identify any reinsurer collectability concerns.
- Collaborate with IT to program new reinsurance contracts into the reinsurance reporting system.
- Lead annual preparation of Schedule F.
- Regularly compile reinsurance bordereaus and reports, ensuring timely and accurate delivery.
- Design and implement processes in compliance with auditing standards.
- Manage relationships with reinsurers and reinsurance brokers.
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional areas, including product, finance, accounting, claims, IT, and senior management.
- Manage Reinsurance Team.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience with financial reporting
- 1+ years of experience with reinsurance
- 1+ years of experience managing people and projects
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in managing and manipulating data in Excel
- Experience pulling data using SQL
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and project skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently with little supervision, and strong team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor or advanced degree in insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, risk management, economics, accounting, business administration or related analytics-oriented discipline