Morningstar seeks a Relationship Manager to oversee the relationships of our institutional clients that license our managed accounts, fiduciary services and custom model offerings including our two new platforms for advisors, Advisor Managed Accounts and Morningstar Plan Advantage. The Relationship Management Team serves as the backbone for our client relationships and success. The team has a large reach with a variety of internal teams (Product, Operations, Implementations, Technology, Legal, Compliance, Investment Methodology, Marketing, and Sales) in order to deliver the best overall strategies and initiatives for our clients. We do this by developing high touch and deep-rooted relationships with our institutional clients.
As a Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for the overall ongoing relationship for your clients. In addition, you will partner with Sales on new opportunities, collaborate with Marketing on initiatives to drive plan and participant adoption, work with legal counsel and clients on contract negotiations, lead and manage the discussions in every area of the client relationship including senior level client meetings, strategy planning, annual and quarterly update meetings, methodology and investment related topics, due diligence and corporate security and audits. As a RM, you’ll continue to expand on a developing product/industry knowledge set in order to maximize efforts for your owned clients. Lastly, you will also work to identify new business opportunities within existing client relationships and come up with creative solutions to help in the marketplace. In doing so, the RM will help act as a lead product and/or post-rollout and strategy advisor. This may also include renewals and some new business negotiations.
• Serve as Relationship Manager and main point of contact for our Plan Provider, RIA and Plan Sponsor clients
• Further develop, strengthen and drive successes for owned client relationships
• Possess mid-level knowledge to answer a variety of product, methodology, investment and technical questions
• Expand understanding and knowledge for Morningstar retirement products and industry
• Develop account strategies, ensure coordination internally and partner with other Relationship Managers as needed
• Partner with Marketing teams to work on client campaigns to raise adoption and promote our services to the various audiences we serve.
• Partner with Implementation and Operation teams to ensure processes are executed to meet client expectations
• Collaborate with Morningstar Product team to ensure client feedback and implications are being represented in product roadmap decisions
• Help clients to strategize on programs and initiatives to further drive adoption of our services
• Collaborate with Sales to help identify opportunities for service upsells which add value for both client and Morningstar throughout the relationship
• Collaborate with Sales to support contract discussions, management and negotiations
• 5+ years of relevant work experience, or proven success in managing a book of business and servicing accounts
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Understanding of mutual funds, financial/investment concepts and retirement market
• Strong analytical, reporting and project management skills
• Can independently organize many moving parts to multiple client relationships
• Bachelor’s degree required