Restaurant Care Specialist
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a Specialist, you are responsible for providing world class service to our corporate clients, caterers, restaurants, and your colleagues. In this role you will need to think quickly on your feet and tackle any challenges on this growing team. We need people with a knack for solving tough problems who will focus on delivering exceptional customer service. Through it all, your ability to form a trusted bond, listen attentively, be innovative, provide individualized solutions, and satisfying the ever-changing needs will make you the critical touch point between Grubhub and our valued Clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather Restaurant information, access and fulfill Restaurant needs, educate the Restaurant where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking
- Process Restaurant transactions: contract/payment inquiries, change or update account settings, and assist Restaurants with questions and orders via phone, email, fax, and traditional mail
- Respond to Restaurant complaints and service-related inquiries professionally and compassionately and work with Restaurant Care management team to successfully address escalated concerns
- Professionally handle incoming requests from Restaurants and ensure tools and resources are best utilized to resolve concerns
- Maintain a balance between company policy and Restaurant benefit in decision making
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters
- Collaborate with other departments including Customer Care, Restaurant Tech Support, and Data Operations to research and resolve Restaurant and internal inquiries
- Support department quality assurance program by meeting Restaurant Care dashboard performance standards, service response time objectives across all contact channels
- Analyze and report trends from Restaurant feedback, to determine needed process improvements
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated either verbally or in writing, both internally and externally
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the Restaurants experience
- Provide back up or assist other departments as assigned
You Should Have
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masterful problem solving skills – identifying root causes, customer needs and providing solutions
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage stress – this is a rapidly changing company!
- A good sense of humor and a team-player mentality
- Empathy for hangry diners and corporate client
Got These? Even Better:
- Foreign language skills – Mandarin and Spanish
- Prior Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tools
And Of Course, Perks!
- Paid Time Off - choose how your time is spent
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 401K with a Grubhub match
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub credit for FREE food
- Regular in-office social events, including karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.