Retail Relationship Manager at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales team will implement a comprehensive refresh of the in-store experience for both customers and consumers. 7,000+ retailers. They will receive transformational sales support reinforced by better products and better media advertising resulting in a transformation of sales performance and overall brand image.
The Retail Relationship Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of the retail sales strategy for growing business across multiple accounts. The role will plan and implement programs to a variety of accounts and retail locations. Cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, pursuing opportunities and account management skills are critical. This role reports to the Senior Manager.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with senior leaders at partner companies to ensure that all parties are satisfied with progress and outcome of partnerships.
- Responsible for securing external partnerships including contacting top leaders, securing appointments, developing proposals, making presentations and negotiating business deal points to contract completion.
- Develop and train business strategists and project managers and secure that strategic alliance projects are properly executed and managed.
- Develop long-term vision and goals for company growth and partnerships. Develop viable business plans to ensure long-term goals are realized.
- Understand the client environment, issues, and priorities
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for the clients taking the lead in delivery
- Support and drive organization-wide delivery initiatives, as directed
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Build effective proposals, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Assists in the delivery of the end to end retailer experience within multiple accounts.
- Provide feedback and insight based on market and retailer analysis, to ensure that the retail strategy reflects the major market trends.
- Lead internal cross-functional work teams and influence across the business.
- Assist the Senior Manager in complex customer negotiations across a broad range of senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Take accountability for delivering against sales targets.
- Project management of relevant key strategic projects including defining, planning, budget control, timeline management, implementation, evaluation.
- Attend external conferences and events, staying up to date with the latest thinking in the channel.
- Attend trade shows and customer meetings as needed
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Assists in the Annual Key Account Planning process.
- Partnering with field sales leadership to maximize the potential of all assigned key accounts at store level.
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of sales experience required in a client facing role in a consulting firm or an account/engagement management role.
- Proven experience with a demonstration of territory management resulting in profitable volume, customer penetration, attainment of new customers and growth preferably in a CPG or retail environment. .
- Proven track record securing new business and growing current key account sales.
- Proven ability to manage retailer relationships at local, regional and national level.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience dealing with major multiple retailers.
- Proven understanding of retailer needs, business strategy and operations.
- Proven ability to analyze financial and business performance providing insight and recommendations to customers and decision makers.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly and change tasks based on the needs of the company
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking and recording sales, effective business planning, category management and data-driven strategy for maintaining current and securing new customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable strategic agility and ability to convert insight into strategies and plans for the channel, as well as executing those plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite of products.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.