Sales & Customer Success Trainer
Reporting to the Head of Sales Enablement & Talent Development , the Sales and Customer Success Trainer partners with stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and execute impactful learning and development solutions that identify and grow individual capabilities and build organizational knowledge specifically for our Direct to Advisor (DTA) sales and Customer Success Managers (CSM).
As a member of the Sales and Service organization, this person will facilitate, refine and measure all training programs aimed at making an impact on annual sales, retention and customer satisfaction goals, as well as product and industry comprehension. Additionally, this person will work cross-functionally with the Talent Development, Client Education, and HR teams in Chicago to meet learning and development standards for all employees within the DTA Sales and Customer Success teams. This person will also execute onboarding programs for all employees that encompass the entire product portfolio covered by the DTA and Customer Success team, as well as Industry and Client training.
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of impactful training facilitation, project prioritization and professional communication.
- Develop a full spectrum of training curriculum appropriate for each audience (DTA, CSM) including content to successfully onboard new learners and content to refine and prepare seasoned learners for ongoing career development.
- Master and facilitate existing training programs including on-boarding as well as on-going skill development, product and industry specific programs.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify overall training needs
- Effectively structure and execute onboarding programs for all employees in DTA and Customer Success teams.
- Work with Sales and Customer Success leadership to evaluate team performance to ensure consistencies across offices.
- Report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed.
- Be resourceful to learn and master the complexities of the industry that Morningstar serves
- Implement learning techniques to refine programs that are both compelling and effective.
- Create and maintain various reports and systems as requested.
- Participate in various People & Sales initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of progressively responsible employee training and development experience including hands-on instruction, training program development, and coaching.
- Proven experience in a training role with the ability to manage the full training cycle.
- A desire to work directly with those in sales and Customer Success, both individually and in team environments.
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Experience using Salesforce or other sales enablement tools preferred.
- Ability to effectively present material to groups of all levels in person and via phone/virtual classroom.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or priorities at once.
- Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.