Salesforce Administrator & Strategist at Cameo
About the company:
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level. You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days.
We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocket ship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to the resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.About the Role:
As Cameo’s first Salesforce Administrator & Strategist, you will own our Salesforce.com Lightning Enterprise Sales Cloud instance. This position is not just technical, it is also very strategic. Salesforce.com needs to be a source of truth for reliable, real-time revenue and operational data, as well as a tool that drives efficiency for the end-users. That means you will manage a platform that strikes a unique balance between the needs of the executive stakeholders and the needs of team members who use the tool in their daily lives.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work with the Business teams and the Tech teams to develop technical requirements for business process improvements and to deliver solutions based on those requirements. Your responsibilities will include administration, configuration, and maintenance, as well as potential integrations with other systems. You will be a leader on our team and help establish the foundation for a data-driven operations culture. A measure of success will be team members saying “I love Salesforce!”
Finally, You will be walking into a brand new instance, think about it as an empty canvas for you to paint your Salesforce.com masterpiece
How you’ll crush it:
- Serve as primary system administrator and single point of contact for a Salesforce instance serving 40 (and growing!) team members
- Ensure the overall cohesiveness of the Salesforce ecosystems as it relates to data, architecture, and potential future systems integrations
- Provide daily administration and support of Salesforce, including customization of objects, fields, record types, reports / dashboards and page layouts
- Own all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migration, data quality, systems integrations, potential 3rd party applications and AppExchange products
- Develop automation and process improvement opportunities through tasks, process builder workflows, validation rules and/or alerts to improve the usability of Salesforce
- Maintain system security and integrity for all user information, including updates, licenses, profile information, roles and hierarchies, and monitoring usage/storage
- Own code review and testing in Sandbox environment for all customizations and configuration changes prepared internally or by vendors prior to release in Production
- Develop and document requirements for configuring, testing, launching, maintaining, and improving integrations and API connections
- Provide strategic recommendations on how to best utilize Salesforce to optimize scalability
- Effectively act as the technical Salesforce liaison between our users, our cross-functional leads, and potential external vendors
- Responsible for implementing customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions and initiatives
- Cameo is growing massively, so you should always be thinking 6, 12, 24+ months down the road so that the platform can scale as Cameo scales
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred
- 1-3 years of a proven track record of administering Salesforce at a technology company with 40+ users, bonus points if you have worked at a Start Up!
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Understanding of how to develop custom applications and components within Salesforce Lightning preferred
- Ability to critically review feature requests and suggest alternate proposals and optimizations
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.