Security Analyst at Optiver (Chicago, IL)
Optiver's Cyber Security team defines and drives the firm's approach to information security: setting standards, implementing defenses, training users, and responding to incidents. Our cross-disciplinary approach allows us to make the best choices in the context of all our systems and processes, finding optimal solutions for the needs of the business while achieving an effective security posture.
We are looking for candidates with a technical background, who are driven to solving security problems, with strong attention to detail, and who have a willingness to learn and adapt.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and react to security events
- Define and implement security policies, procedures, and technologies
- Track general developments in computer security, and plan the firm's response
- Provide security expertise and advice to other teams within the company
- Define best practices cybersecurity training for employees
- Collaborate with other operations, development, and trading teams to solve business challenges
- Work at a technology-driven company where you can make an immediate impact
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Broad understanding of and deep interest in computer security
- Maintain good cybersecurity practices in your own personal life
- Good communication skills, and the ability to explain security best practices to a non-technical audience
- General understanding of computers, networks, operating systems, applications, and the web
- An engineering mindset when approaching new problems
- Willingness and aptitude for learning new skills and adapting to new technologies
- Proficiency with programming or scripting a plus
- Knowledge of finance or trading is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.