ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we're looking for a self-motivated SecOps professional who understands the value of trust. Our customers trust us with their data and we are committed to continuously finding innovative ways to ensure that we are transforming, processing, and storing that data securely. The ideal candidate will take a pragmatic approach and contribute to a comprehensive program that reduces the overall threat landscape of the organization.
This role will primarily be a hands-on, "eyes on glass" position with great opportunity for autonomy during the analytical process. Focused on our core application and SaaS platform, the SecOps professional, will have demonstrated experience contributing to large-scale applications and responding to alerts from Enterprise security systems. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Install and maintain security products
- Security information and event management
- Identity and access management
- Responding to incidents involving malware
- Responding to network based attacks
- Monitoring system events, logfiles and alerts
- Utilize security orchestration and automated response (SOAR)
- Perform threat hunting
- Develop metrics to measure malware analysis and detection system performance
- Perform research into malware development and trends
- Perform incident response and/or digital forensics on hardware
- Analyze network security alerts and events
What is needed:
- 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure and Information Security
- Experience with OS hardening techniques for Linux environments such as SELinux, disabling root login, sudo, password expiration, etc.
- Experience with access logging, centralized logging, and monitoring/alerting of security log events such as ELK, InsightIDR, Splunk, and SumoLogic
- Experience with applications for monitoring infrastructure security and detecting intrusions such as Threat Stack or Insight IDR
- Working knowledge of incident response, threat modeling, and mitigation
- Working knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as SOC2 Type 2 and ISO27001
- 5+ years working on AWS running multiple production workloads
- Experience designing and implementing access control models for privileged access in fast-paced AWS cloud environment
- Knowledge of AWS security best practices and security controls using AWS services such as Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, IAM, SSO, VPC, etc.
- Strong understanding of common internet protocols such as DNS, SMTP, LDAP, etc.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.