Security Policy Administrator
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Information Security Office is responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality and availability of an organization’s assets, including its information, services, and people.
The Security Policy Administrator will assist the Information Security Manager to help the client manage, oversee, and refine security policy to enforce organizational standards (legal, regulatory, operational, etc.). The Security Policy Administrator will work with 1-2 other staff, collaborate with network and server engineers, the Managed Security Operations Center and other consultants.
- Report, track or resolve internal and external Security violations, including incidents reported by third-party vendors/agencies
- Assist in developing recommendations based on best-practices, industry standards, and government requirements (city, county, state, federal) for security incident management and improvement of organizational security policies and procedures
- Work with the client to develop, document, and maintain security requirements, standards, processes, procedures, and policies, including regulatory requirements
- Work with the client to develop policies and protocols for testing system(s) vulnerability and penetration resilience
- Ensure above policies and procedures are posted to the knowledge database/portal
- Maintain awareness of current security trends, threats, policies, procedures, and best practices
- Create and distribute organizational threat assessments and alerts as necessary using our Cyber Alert service
- Help promote security awareness
- Maintain all documentation required for security assessments, audits, internal control, and control testing
- Provide security reporting
- Manage outsourced security operations center
- 4-year collage degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience developing and enforcing security policy in large environments
- CISM is preferred
- Experience in providing programs to increase security awareness
- Knowledge with using ServiceNow a plus
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PCI and CJIS standards
- Experience with Wombat a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.