Senior Business Operations and Planning Associate at Flexport (Chicago, IL)
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As a Senior Business Operations and Planning Associate you’ll join a team of experts to contribute to our mission.
The Business Operations and Planning team’s mission is to empower our operating leaders to achieve comprehensive business plans. We are part of the office of the COO and work closely with executives and senior leaders across commercial teams, technology teams, Finance, and other G&A functions.You will:
- Focus on building, coordinating, and maintaining our metrics system
- Work with the head of Business Operations and Planning, Finance, and Data Insights teams on our data strategy
- Build and re-enforce a single source of truth system and culture
- Own the roadmap for Flexport’s Dashboard Tree
- Coordinate across business functions and Flexport’s Data Insights team to continuously rationalize our data problem solving
- Run ad hoc analyses and build data tools as needed
- Coordinate robust metric and KR definition and processes during Planning and Reporting cycles
- Run small strategic short term programs as necessary
- 5+ years of experience in business operations, finance, analytics, operations, consulting, or advisory role
- Highly prefer industry experience from logistics, energy, real estate, retail, manufacturing, etc.
- Advanced expertise in data manipulation tools including strong SQL skills and experience with modeling in Excel/Sheets
- Highly self-motivated, low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and capable of quickly shifting topics and priorities given business requirements
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Self starter with high level of autonomy and integrity in your work
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.