Senior Business Systems Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for a Senior Business Systems Manager who will be responsible for delivering an extraordinary Salesforce and applications experience for the fast scaling Commercial organization! They will work closely with the sales, client success, and marketing teams to understand the evolving needs of the business and lead the end-to-end solution design as well as technical implementation and management of business systems projects/processes.
A successful candidate must be able to lead a team, delivering timely projects with measurable productivity improvements. Additionally, this candidate will have demonstrated a consistent track record of handling a range of complex, high-impact projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills.What You'll Do
- Manage a team responsible for crafting and implementing various internal applications used by our Commercial teams to acquire and support our growing merchant base.
- Develop the long-term strategy and roadmap to support the business to scale through the software development lifecycle.
- Provide strategic leadership related to the evaluation, planning, and deployment of technology tools and systems, working with senior business partners to align and understand business strategies, and assess/ prioritize initiatives.
- Implement a software development process to manage the team to ensure consistent delivery with repeatable quality and predictability.
- Review and be knowledgeable about business needs and provide recommendations to partners and cross-functional groups.
- Continually improve our use of Salesforce including automating processes, identifying areas for improvement and reducing technical debt, and enabling the commercial organization for hyper-growth.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to utilize Salesforce to improve processes and productivity.
- Partner with other technology and systems owners to understand the bigger picture of how these tools work together and provide iterative improvements to those integrations
- Regularly communicate project/initiative progress to senior leadership, identifying any issues, and developing action plans to address them.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6+ years experience as a Salesforce admin/developer, supporting sales organizations, including optimizing user experience to reduce overall sales process friction.
- 3+ years of People Management experience.
- Experience implementing and managing large Salesforce projects such as transitioning to Salesforce Lightning, implementation of CPQ, integration of sales stack tooling or scaling lead routing solutions.
- Experience with sensitive data and creating systems that meet the security and compliance needs that come with the management/ownership of sensitive data.
- Driven to succeed and be able to work both independently and with cross-functional teams to build a business.
- Ability to make business decisions and exercise sound judgment independently.
- Champion process improvements for better software delivery.
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to the overall commercial team goals/strategy.
- Ability to handle varying levels of uncertainty and ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, stay focused and on-point with a demonstrable bias toward action.
- Proficient with various project management tools and applications.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.