Senior Business Technical Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve. McDonald's is a people business just as much as it is a restaurant business.
We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. The Quick Service Industry requires quick thinking: our work culture is flexible and dynamic to ensure we are executing with pace and sharing our latest ideas. Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters collaboration and innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, grab a McCafe on any floor or utilize the latest technology to connect to your team around the globe. With an onsite café and our 8000 square foot gym (and a McDonald's, of course!), our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and advancing our industry on sustainable sourcing to youth employability initiatives and our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to take on big, global initiatives while remaining great neighbors and supporters of our local communities. We are moving fast and are adding to our world-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
With minimal direction, this position bridges the gap between our business partners and the technology solution providers (e.g., vendors, infrastructure team, development team, etc.) by translating business needs into technical solutions.
This position involves coordination and/or execution of plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business. May take a leadership role with other team members on assignments and acts as a primary point of contact with client.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience gathering and documenting requirements, facilitating meetings, and delivering results. This person must be a highly organized, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and have proven measurable experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
· Bachelor’s degree - Business or IT with related experience is REQUIRED.
· 6+ years of IT experience.
· 4+ years as a business, technical or systems analyst.
· 5 + years of Supply Chain planning and execution application implementation experience
· Ability to write queries using SQL.
· Working knowledge of relational databases.
· Leadership project management, and relationship management skills.
· Excellent problem solving and solution oriented
· You are able to “think big” and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
· Multi-functional integration and negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, including Agile.
· Ability to bridge communications on complex needs and requirements between technical and business-audiences.
· Highly organized self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
· Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external partners.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to influence multi-functional teams without formal authority.
· Proven ability to organize, facilitate, and recap meetings with good attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Deliver functional design documents, including the SDLC (requirement gathering and analysis, design, testing, deployment and plan support maintenance).
· Establishes relationships with business clients and act as liaison between the business community and solution provider, and acts as a day-to-day point of contact with client.
· Analyzes change requests to settle feasibility in relation to existing business requirements and processes.
· Collaborates with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business and technical requirements.
· Anticipate the needs of the business and determines strategic fit of initiatives.
· Set priorities, establish expectations, and maintain focus.
· Will need to work closely with business functional areas to understand, define system requirements and make recommendations for business solutions. Also able to identify missing requirements based on experience and business goals.
· Provide ongoing system support
· Have the ability to solve complex problems through research and analysis.
· Organize and track the progress of systems by applying project management techniques.
· Identify issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists in resolving them, by working with management to overcome obstacles and complete projects. Representing the right priority for issues and changes at during defect management and build processes.
· Work with business partners to develop acceptance criteria / test cases. Then able to develop test plan and perform needed application testing.
· Represent the customers and partners as technology providers.
· Maintain all documentation, including technical application requirements, report requirements, and support documentation.