Senior Client Support Representative
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, and retirement-solutions businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar’s Investment Management seeks a Senior Client Service Representative to join its team to provide superior service to advisors and their clients. This role will interact extensively with advisors including new and existing advisors to provide a thorough understanding of Morningstar Managed Portfolios custodial processes and supporting operational procedures. The Senior Client Service Representative works closely with their sales counterparts on advisor retention, issue resolution and continuous process improvement while always promoting strong client advocacy. This position requires occasional client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in our Chicago office.
• Be accountable for overall advisor satisfaction and retention within your territory.
• Gain a deep understanding of advisor’s financial practices and provide applicable best practices.
• Demonstrate superior product, custodian and process knowledge and consultative account management skills.
• Provide the highest quality service to advisors and their clients by answering inbound calls, proactively reaching out to advisors regarding account updates and
• Interact with Morningstar’s operations analysts, project and product managers to address timely needs and/or issues in a prompt manner
• Work with custodians to ensure proper processing, follow through and resolution of client requests
• A deep customer service focus, strong attention to detail and proven ability to build long-term client relationships.
• A minimum of three years of customer service, training, or sales experience within the financial services industry.
• Excellent time-management, prioritization, communication, and analytical skills.
• Solid understanding of financial markets and the asset management industry.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Series 65 considered a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.