Senior Consultant, IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) (Chicago, IL)
Are you ready to make an impact?
West Monroe has an opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join our growing IT Strategy and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team! IT Strategy and BPO Senior Consultants work in a variety of projects including: defining IT and functional transformation and optimization strategies, leading sourcing and procurement events, mapping processes, gathering requirements, and creating solutions and recommendations. You will work directly with clients across a variety of industries to identify business needs and solve problems by using facilitation and analytical skills, and broad IT and business knowledge. You may participate in multi-disciplinary work teams to successfully execute complex projects.
Senior Consultants should have experience in the following types of activities:
- Structuring quantitative analysis
- Identifying data requirements
- Developing and documenting assumptions for analysis
- Performing data analysis and modeling
- Performing financial analysis and costs / benefit analysis
- Documenting processes
- Developing and documenting business improvement recommendations
- Developing documents and presentations with writing styles aligned to various client and internal audiences
- Applying strong attention to detail to all work, both quantitative and written
- Establishing and cultivating relationships, and facilitating discussions with client counterparts
- Identifying opportunities for additional client support services and follow-on consulting projects
- Demonstrating advanced proficiency in MS Office365 tools
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business needs, current-state processes, and future-state requirements through interviews, documentation review, and facilitated workshops
- Memorializing the output of internal and client discussions through active listening, note taking, and critical thinking
- Gathering and writing functional and technical requirements for technology components, IT services, business processes, and/or commercial software applications
- Defining key performance indicatorsas well as associated data sources, calculations, and validation approaches
- Developing analytical frameworks and defining data requirements to capture current-state costs and project future-state costs and savings, including to identify and track cost and productivity improvements for clients
- Developing new modeling approaches and data analysis techniques for clients
- Collecting, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large data sets
- Creating and presenting business casesand financial models
- Developing improvement roadmaps and execution workplans
- Developing Request for Proposal / Request for Quote documentation with associated pricing models, and response evaluation models
- Identifying trends using data, compiling reports, and monitoring results
- Collaborating with client and project team members to develop storyboards and creative ways to present complex concepts; developing resulting deliverable content
- Participating in the presentation of project or workstream content
- Helping to implement comprehensive project management plans across a programof multiple projects, and drive execution of individual workstreams through good program and project management practices
- 4-6 years of experience in providing technology and/or business process advisory consultation, at least 1-2 years of which would ideally be with a professional services firm
- Experience managing projects on an end-to-end basis with minimal supervision
- Experience in strategic sourcing and / or outsourcing advisory
- Successful track record of business development for a professional services organization, including a solid professional network
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience negotiating complex technology, business process or outsourcing contracts
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation delivery skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to travel around 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what's never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.