Senior Corporate Events Specialist at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe has an immediate opportunity for a creative and strategic corporate events professional to join our Shared Services function and execute firmwide events. This individual will be responsible for strategizing, developing, and executing corporate events to perform at or better-than budget.
- Manage firmwide events as 1) the primary point-person, 2) through vendor management, and/or 3) through managing a team (as to be determined).
- Proactively consult and support key stakeholders in the full lifecycle of corporate events including strategy development, establishing event goals and KPIs, budget planning, collaborating with corporate communications and marketing on the creation of event materials, site and vendor sourcing and selection, contract negotiations, event execution, pre-and-post event surveying, and reporting.
- Oversee the execution of our most complex and critical firmwide events, focusing on our “All Director Retreat” – a premier high-end strategic event for over 200 of our firm’s leaders. Ensure event timelines and deliverables are being met, while keeping internal stakeholders apprised as appropriate.
- Oversee smaller firmwide events as determined.
- Operate annual event budget including planning and tracking, as well as managing expenses and invoices.
- Act as a strategic advisor for other event planning functions, including external marketing facing and practice or office specific events to drive consistently amazing employee experiences.
- Manage speaker selection and participation. Lead interactions with SMEs including instructors, speakers, program leads, and volunteers.
- Develop event master best practices and playbooks including pre-event task list, day/week-of agenda, and post-event tasks list.
- Partner with the Chief Administrative Officer to enhance event coordination best practices and processes; define formalized intake process and how corporate events will partner with other internal Shared Services functions including the operations, marketing, visual design, corporate communications, and the people team.
- Provide the standards and tools for best practices including evaluating event management systems for standardizing our contracts, mitigating risks, building a consistent experience, and streamlining planning/execution/feedback, as well as building transparency and awareness for our employees and external resources as appropriate for those events available to them.
- Partner with Inclusion & Diversity team, as well as ERG Leaders to support in-person and virtual events including employee townhalls, trainings, listening sessions, panel discussions, and other social programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4+ years of corporate event management experience; ideally in a professional services environment.
- Hybrid (remote and in-person) event management is a major plus.
- A proven track record for setting the events strategy and driving consistency.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and SharePoint.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with timely follow-through and communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to execute programs autonomously with speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.