Senior Customer Success Manager
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the Role:
We're looking for an ambitious and tech savvy Senior Customer Success Manager to serve as a trusted advisor to a large portfolio of BenchPrep's key enterprise customers. You'll partner with Customer Success Specialists to support and grow the relationship and work closely with other internal resources to make it happen. You'll be responsible for building strategic relationships, growing and retaining accounts, and overall customer satisfaction.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager you will:
- Build strategic relationships across your accounts, including managing key executive stakeholder relationships
- Partner with the Customer Success Specialists to execute on the operational and product utilization related goals of our Key Enterprise Customers
- Develop strategic account plans to capture deep knowledge of customers and revenue focused opportunities
- Partner with customers to understand their strategic business objectives and tailor solutions that help meet those goals
- Work cross functionally with other departments in the company like instructional designers, implementation managers, product management team, etc. to ensure delivery of customer objectives
- Act as a trusted advisor to the end users and key stakeholders to drive product adoption and ensure they leverage the solution to achieve agreed operational priorities, leading to full business value
- Maintain healthy customer engagement levels by identifying low utilization and providing solutions to further drive customer success
- Interpret customer insights to drive change in product and act as the voice of customer for the product management team
- Provide best practices to help drive user behavior and adoption in product
- Map built-in solutions to existing customer workflows
- Maintain product expertise across our platform to serve as the ultimate expert
- Provide an amazing, personalized experience to each and every customer
- Help spearhead and support the development of the Customer Success team, contributing to best practice development and strategic priorities
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of Client Management experience, including direct ownership of account growth and retention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical aptitude
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues within a designated time frame
- Experience analyzing data, trends and client information to identify product or service growth opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build authentic business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges as they occur
- Positive attitude a MUST
- Willing to travel approximately 25%
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.