Senior Customer Support Representative
The Group: The Customer Support team promotes our “smart, fast, nice” principle of delivering service. It creates, maintains, and continually improves our internal service environment. The Licensed Data Support Team is committed to providing world-class support and service to our institutional clients. We help support, troubleshoot, and communicate with clients to make sure they’re able to make the most of our data and licensed products.
The Role: Morningstar’s Licensed Data Support Team seeks a Senior Client Service Representative to join its team to provide superior service to our institutional clients. This role will interact extensively with clients including new and existing clients to provide a thorough understanding of Morningstar’s core data and innovative products including Morningstar Licensed Data, Global Document Library, Morningstar Essentials, API Center, and more. The Senior Client Service Representative works closely with their customer success manager counterparts on client retention, issue resolution and continuous process improvement while always promoting strong client advocacy. This position is based in our Chicago office.
● Be accountable - Deliver excellent customer service by responding to all client inquires in a professional manner
● Handle the hard stuff – Take ownership and tackle complex and challenging issues to resolve the client needs
● Continuously learn – Gain a deep understanding of Morningstar’s core data offerings and provide applicable best practices
● Think strategically - Demonstrate superior product, data and process knowledge
● Offer white glove service – Provide the highest quality service to clients by answering inbound calls and emails, proactively reaching out to advisors regarding issue updates and being the main point of contact while maintaining an “above and beyond” service aptitude
● Act as a team player - Interact with Morningstar’s data analysts, product developers, and customer success managers to address timely needs and/or issues in a prompt manner and to ensure proper processing, follow through and resolution of client requests
● Contribute to the Morningstar culture – as a Senior Client Service Representative answering client inquiries in a positive, fast paced and innovative setting while consistently maintaining professional call/email management etiquette
This role would be a good fit if you:
● Can collaborate and work well with other teams
● Are not afraid to point out potential improvements/improvement areas
● Can effectively manage multiple tasks/priorities
● Enjoy meeting deadlines
● Have a trustworthy team player attitude
● Can communicate effectively through the phone and email
● Are energized and enthusiastic about building relationships
● Possess a working knowledge of technology and be able to operate in an environment requiring immediate computer skills.
● Adhere to attendance and scheduling policies.
● A minimum of three years of customer service, educational training, or sales experience preferably within the financial services industry.
● Excellent time-management, prioritization, communication, and analytical skills.
● Previous experience in a heavy volume service environment (phone, email, internal communications) preferred.
● A bachelor’s degree is required.