Senior Cyber Threat Analyst at Paylocity (Remote)
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Sr. Cyber Threat Analyst is responsible for providing appropriate incident response for cyber threats to Paylocity's Information Systems. The Cyber Threat Analyst will leverage security solutions to investigate alerts and anomalous behavior, review audit data and reporting to detect suspicious activity, and analyze vendor and open-source threat data to help the Information Security team to determine appropriate mitigation and remediation actions. This position will lead Incident Responses actions to analyze and perform forensics analysis to help determine the root cause and recommend corrective measures.
Reports To: Manager, Security Incident Response
- Serve as an escalation point and subject matter expert during incident investigations
- Provide oversight and support for event and incident triage
- Conduct containment and remediation actions during a declared incident
- Perform root cause analysis to identify attack vector and provide mitigation recommendations to prevent future attacks
- Create detailed incident reports
- Develop detections for identified threats and 0-day exploits
- Create and improve playbooks, SOPs, and security documentation to increase operational efficiency
- Identify redundant security tasks and create scripts to automate
- Mentor and train junior cyber threat analysts
- Assist with developing advanced cybersecurity capabilities and programs
- Participate in security tool proof-of-concept (PoC) evaluations
- Conduct cross-functional collaboration with various enterprise teams in support of information security initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related preferred
- 6 + years directly working in a SOC or CIRT
- Expertise with incident detection, investigation, and response actions
- Scripting experience (Python, PowerShell)
- Familiar with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience utilizing Cyber Threat Intelligence to conduct Threat Hunting
- Proficiency with security tools and platforms (SIEM, EDR, SOAR, UEBA, SEG, IDS/IPS, TIP)
- Experience conducting Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) research
- Ability to support a rotating on-call schedule
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Cloud security experience (Azure, AWS)
- Experience performing malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Possess a relevant cybersecurity certification (GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, CySA+)
- Experience conducting insider threat monitoring and investigations
- Knowledge of container security and Kubernetes
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $107,882 - $139,500 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.