Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Director, Actuary to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how as the Senior Director, Actuary you will help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Senior Director, Actuary will lead VillageMD’ s actuarial claims and revenue forecasting. They will in partnership with Finance and Markets develop annual budgets and reforecasts. This role will also evaluate changes in payer contracts and government programs making recommendations to improve the performance of VillageMD and align contracts with VilllageMD’s core business values. This person will provide actuarial insight and expertise to improve VillageMD’s performance under VBC contracts.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Develop actuarial projection process and models.
- Hire and develop actuarial staff to support VilleageMD.
- Experience rapid growth as VillageMD takes on more delegation through new contracts and expansion of markets.
- Get up to speed on our data model and make recommendations for changes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the reserve process.
- Solve the problems with hands on ability to execute, not just lead
- Work with our market and finance leaders to understand the importance of the actuarial modeling and projection teams and identify opportunities for improvement in market performance.
- Collaborate with technology, analytics and operational leaders to define project completion milestones and have the team track against those goals
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Senior Director, Actuary you possess,
- An FSA or ASA and are a MAAA
- Strong Actuarial skills with a demonstrated ability to lead a pricing and or projection team.
- Demonstrated understanding of ACO and payor practices around VBC.
- Deep understanding of the US Healthcare system and the role PCP can plan in improving outcomes.
- Understanding of Medicare Advantage and Medicare ACO.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- An ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- The ability to lead teams that do not all have a direct reporting relationship.
Experience to drive change
- 7+ years of full-time experience in actuarial roles.
- 5+ years of experience directly in healthcare
- Preferred experience as a pricing actuary leading Medicare Advantage bid process.
- Preferred experience developing/evaluating provider performance in a VBC contract.
- Experience managing and leading an actuarial/analytics team
- Track record of successfully executing working with both technical and non-technical leaders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.