Senior Director, Care Management
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Director of Care Management you will work with existing markets to evaluate, build and implement best practices that enable our organization to successfully execute key quality and market outcomes.
Integral to our Product team, the Senior Director, Care Management will be the subject matter expert for the VillageMD Care Management model and will work alongside our partners owning methodology and workflow development and ensuring best practices are common across VillageMD Markets. As a new member of our team, you’ll initially spend time gaining a broad understanding of the current state of care management across our existing markets but will be expected to make earlier contributions based on a depth of domain expertise.
What are some examples of work you’ll be managing at VillageMD?
- Designing and executing a framework for care management service quality for existing physicians and their patients; continuously reviewing and refining for efficiency and effectiveness
- Codifying, communicating and co-implementing VillageMD Care Management best practices alongside local market partners
- Measuring clinical outcomes and improvement opportunities by using internal and external benchmarking to address opportunities for improvement
- Leading workflow and methodology development across the care management technology platform to support the continued growth and development of market functions
What will make you successful here?
- Willingness and ability to travel 60% weekly (3 days each week)
- Strategic ability with an affinity for operations; not afraid to dig into the details of the work to influence a positive outcome – you will be responsible for creating much of your own work product
- A primary orientation to high quality and affordable patient care
- A service-based approach to VillageMD provider partners and their care teams
- Leveraging both quantitative and qualitative metrics to drive results
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to craft meaningful partnerships
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach and a comfort working within ambiguity
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Utilize your strong content knowledge and background of care management in a variety of settings to disseminate best practices for VillageMD
- Evaluate current care management processes and deploy updated workflows to our existing markets
- Develop an enterprise-wide Care Management training curriculum
- Participate in market operating reviews and support consistent quality performance
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams in primary care to execute care management best practices including close partnership with clinicians, operations and analytic functions
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree+ in nursing or social work with current licensure in state of residence
- 5+ years nursing experience in acute, ambulatory or primary care practice setting
- 3+ years in care management and/or previous value based care leadership experiences in an ambulatory, managed care, or health system setting
- Success working with diverse stakeholder groups, establishing the required relationships to work collaboratively across all levels
- Experience building successful processes across care settings from acute care to ambulatory care to sub-acute, etc. through relationships and a data-driven approach
- Experience informally leading in a fast-growing environment
- Experience managing change through process improvement and transformation