Senior Director of Corporate Strategy
The Group: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company's infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: As a senior member of the strategy group, you will be responsible for driving value creation across Morningstar's global businesses by working with our executive team and board of directors on the firm’s overall strategic positioning, capital allocation, and M&A activities. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and is based in our Chicago office.
- Work with the executive team to drive clarity around our current positioning, our desired positioning, and our options for bridging the gap.
- Develop business cases for resources to be deployed on value creating opportunities.
- Partner with senior business leaders to develop 3-year strategic plans including business cases, financial models, and market analysis.
- Research the competitive landscape, identify key secular trends, and make recommendations around our strategic positioning and opportunities to invest.
- Perform competitive analysis, including tracking and analysis of emerging industry trends and competitor performance to benchmark business unit results and inform strategy.
- Participate in merger and acquisition efforts including the surfacing of ideas, financial modeling and business case development.
- 10+ years of experience; 5+ years related to strategic planning or management consulting.
- Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree preferred.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to think logically and critically.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration and ability to influence across the organization.