Senior Director, Global Events at Braze (Chicago, IL)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Functioning in partnership with all departments across the org this leader will drive systems and processes to ensure globally consistent high-quality on-brand experiences across internal corporate events, such as annual sales kick-off, and our marquee, owned customer conference series. This leader will drive innovation that keeps our events relevant and in-step with the evolving marketplace.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Senior Director, Global Events is accountable for successful planning and execution of global corporate events and conferences. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to build and grow our global customer conference. Responsibilities include:
- Lead large scale live events and conferences with multiple agency, vendor, and client involvement
- Innovate conference experiences, content, and formats
- Create new and transformational programming
- Create program development plan, including strategy, key dates and implementation
- Work cross-functionally with creative team and stakeholders within the organization to create accountability practices, inclusive of alignment with senior executives
- Apply best practices and learnings from previous projects to elevate performance level
- Foster and develop key vendor/partner relationships
- Prepare RFP's for vendors /contractors and oversee bidding process, negotiate effectively for best terms and pricing
- Monitor the competition and apply competitive analysis
- Develop, and retain a high performing team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
You’re a positive, sleeves-rolled-up leader who thrives on navigating the rapidly evolving tech space. You take pride in your work and you crush every deadline. You’re passionate about creative collaboration, brand building, and brand application.
Enthusiastic collaborator with exceptional communication skills
- 10+ years in event programming and management
- SaaS experience required
- 5+ years of experience managing a P&L and a team
- A creative mindset and eye to bring the creative vision to life in an effective, engaging experience
- Ability to see the big picture, determine appropriate course of action, delegate to the right people and allocate resources to deliver effective, high quality event execution
- A critical thinker, problem solver who works well under pressure, proactively identifying potential challenges or barriers to execution, and delivering solutions prior to impact
- Experience with large, multi-day/multi-track conference programs
- Strong analytical and operational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- Travel for assigned projects as required
- Compliance with company and global conference, vaccination policies
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.