What we are looking for: The Senior Director is responsible for leading and operating the Fast Radius Quality Program, from business model and strategy to day-to-day execution and industry/customer certification roadmap. This person will be a core member of our Fulfillment leadership team, and is expected to play a significant role in building, scaling, and leading this capability at Fast Radius.
About the Role:
- Lead Fast Radius teams responsible for quality management and execution across network of factories and partners globally
- Lead Fast Radius strategy across internal and external operations
- Develop and deploy rigor and business processes that support company mission of making manufacturing easier, smarter, and more capable
- Partner with Internal Operations to inject, monitor and improve quality control throughout end-to-end process flow
- Partner with External Operations & Supply Chain to qualify and develop partner network
- Partner with Product & Software team to build software and deploy technology that streamlines quality control and systems to support operations
- Develop and deploy processes that enable repeatable scaling of Fast Radius commercial offerings, including high velocity workflows and corporate account support
- Day-to-day senior leader responsible for quality systems, quality control and partner quality programs
- Attracting, hiring, growing, and training team
- Leveraging the Fast Radius culture to build an exceptional working environment for the team
- 10+ years of relevant experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing, or related field
- Track record of significant leadership and people management roles
- Must be a builder - experience building a business, functions, teams, factories, product lines, etc.
- Multi-site management experience
- Demonstrated success with partner quality development in low cost regions (APAC, Mexico, or Eastern Europe)
- Lean/continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated success managing operations with one or more of the following certifications: AS9100, ISO13485, IATF16949, ISO9001, or ISO14001
- Demonstrated success working cross functionally in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: CNC Machining, Additive Manufacturing, or Injection Molding
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in technical sales or interfacing in a close working environment with technical sales function
- Empathetic listener, confident communicator
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KA, KY, MD, MI, MN, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WI
Read Full Job Description