Senior Executive Assistant at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
As the Senior Executive Assistant to both our CEO and President, you will be essential to the company meeting its goals by driving increased effectiveness of our two most senior leaders.This role will require a sharp, experienced executive assistant who enjoys solving complex problems and is motivated by flawless execution, and who excels in behind-the-scenes supporting roles. The Senior Executive Assistant will report to the Director of Culture and Change Management on the People Team and will support programmatic company initiatives, as needed.What you get to do:
- Ensure the CEO and President’s time is aligned with their priorities through demonstrated understanding of the core business and by leveraging expert prioritization strategies.
- Expand the capacity of these executives to be in many places at once by building relationships and trust with their key people and communicating as their proxy.
- Increase bandwidth of the CEO and President by anticipating needs and taking ownership of planning, executing, and delegating activities, creating an extra layer of accountability.
- Maximize efficiency by building out systems and processes for increased organization and unified workstreams.
- Enable the CEO and President to focus on the company mission through proactive engagement in and management of personal administrative responsibilities.
- Provide scheduling support for the CFO.
- Prioritization and Problem Solving: your sound problem-solving approach and ability to prioritize makes you an expert at bringing order to chaos and navigating uncertainty with speed; you look around corners to solve problems before they arise, and are able to find solutions that balance the personal needs of the executive with the needs of the business.
- Polished Excellence: you have high EQ and executive presence, and a natural ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functions in the organization. You tactfully negotiate complex dynamics with sensitivity and discretion, effectively manage intricate projects and partnerships, and are a precise and polished representative of both the CEO and President and the company as a whole.
- Ownership and Partnership: you’re an expert at viewing the bigger picture to help you anticipate needs and identify priorities. Because you know what needs to be done and when, you’re able to set up systems and processes that optimize teams and processes in service of a unified goal. As you are prioritizing the executive’s time, you ensure that the details never slip through the cracks.
- Expert Communication: you effectively drive alignment and understanding across stakeholders through efficient communication that reduces ambiguity both for yourself and for others. You understand the importance of both method and timing in communication, and you skilfully adapt your style to match context and meet the unique needs of your audience.
Key Experience: 5+ years supporting C-level leaders in a high-growth stage tech company of 300+ FTEs and scalingDefine your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].