Senior Integrations Consultant at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Senior Integrations Consultant (SIC) owns the process of designing, building, testing, and deploying integrations between Yello and external Applicant Tracking System (ATS) platforms, job boards, HR systems, assessment tools, etc for Yello’s most complex customers. The Senior Integrations Consultants works collaboratively with integration developers, product owners, project managers, and other CSO team members to successfully design, build, test, and deploy integrations. Additionally, the SIC is responsible for supporting the onboarding of new team members, mentoring and supporting Integration Consultants, and supporting the Manager, Integrations with internal initiatives that contribute to the growth and maturity of the Integrations team.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Integration Consultant must demonstrate acumen in the following areas:
- Managing the project lifecycle for integrations with the customer’s ATS and other external platforms. This includes guiding the customer towards best practices, gathering requirements, configuring the system, developing process flows and other relevant documentation, conducting gap analysis, ideating workaround solutions for gaps with developers, managing testing, managing production migration, and providing post-implementation support.
- Leading multiple integration projects simultaneously for Yello’s most complex customer use cases.
- Working collaboratively with customers (usually over the phone) to design, test, and deploy integration projects
- Holding customers accountable for deliverables they are accountable for and managing escalations when necessary to avoid project delays
- Working independently and showing sound judgement for escalations to management
- Working collaboratively with other team members in Yello’s Customer Success Organization (CSO), particularly the product implementation team, who will provide support (as needed) for project background, field mapping, customer discussions, etc.
- Working directly with development teams and product owners to ensure integration requirements are fully understood, are feasible, and can be delivered on time. Additionally, the SIS must collaborate with developers to design solutions for gaps identified during the requirements phase. Must be able to evaluate which gaps are worthy of a customized solution (and may be viable features for the integrations product) and which should be resolved via a workaround.
- Working directly with Project Managers who are engaged to provide additional support for complex projects.
- Collaborating with customers to establish and execute a rigorous testing plan
- Managing customer communications, customer relationships, customer expectations, action items, updates, due dates, and deliverables related to integrations
How You'll Make An Impact
- Serve as a liaison between customers, product, CSO, project management, and engineering on Yello’s most complex integration projects. Manages expectations of key stakeholders through frequent and transparent communications.
- Work with the aforementioned teams to:
- Understand and document integration needs and requirements
- Translate business needs and requirements into technology solutions
- Establish key milestone dates and hold the project team accountable to these dates
- Develop project goals, priorities, and approach/create project plans and monitor on-time delivery of project
- Monitor the quality, design, and development of technology solutions
- Lead customer-facing discussions regarding integration projects
- Contribute to grooming meetings and planning meetings with the integration development team.
- Reviews project deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy before releasing to business owners to review
- Keep projects moving efficiently and help project team stay on track with their responsibilities. Escalate issues and risks to management appropriately using defined procedures.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Integrations team by identifying areas for improvement and contributing to internal initiatives that enhance integrations-related processes and procedures..
- Ensure smooth and on-time delivery of new integration projects
- Determine deployment requirements (e.g. timing, audience, communications, training, etc.) working with project team members
- Identify, resolve, and escalate potential risks and issues that may cause a delay
- Facilitate meetings with project team members on a regular basis to review project status
- Collaborate with 3rd party teams engaged by the customer to support the integrations project. These 3rd parties may include, but are not limited to, staff from ATS vendors, contractors, etc.
- Conduct independent research and become a subject matter expert regarding various external systems including but not limited to ATS, APIs, job boards, etc.
- Work closely with Yello’s Customer Success Organization, who will provide support (as needed) for project background, field mapping, customer discussions
- Define and execute onboarding procedures for new Integration Consultants and Senior Integration Consultants.
- Mentor junior staff and contribute to their growth by, among other things, attending customer calls led by the junior staff to provide support, giving constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement, reviewing junior staff deliverables before sending to the customer, and helping to train junior staff on the Yello product suite.
What We're Looking For
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a similar role (customer success, implementations, integrations, etc)
- Previous experience managing/mentoring junior resources
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills with critical thinking ability. You enjoy identifying root causes and solving difficult problems
- Highly enthusiastic, good sense of humor, and positive, customer-service mindset
- Previous experience working in HR systems is a huge plus
- This role is responsible for managing multiple integration projects simultaneously, must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills