Senior Internal IT Auditor
- Who we are:Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry, then we want to talk with you.Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.Guaranteed Rate is looking to add a Senior Internal IT Auditor to our team.The Senior IT Auditor has the responsibility of supporting the Director of Internal Audit & VP of Internal Audit in examining, evaluating, and verifying operating systems, procedures, internal controls, and recorded data for the information technology and information security departments of the Company. This role requires a breadth of knowledge regarding the IT/IS landscape versus a narrow focus. The Senior IT Auditor should also determine that company employees are following laws and regulations including operating policies and procedures established by applicable regulatory agencies and company policy. The Senior IT Auditor should have the ability to participate in the audit planning and risk rating processes, prepare all audit workpaper sections, discuss audit findings with the auditee, and prepare draft audit reports.The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for the timely completion of information technology and information security audits in a manner that is consistent with the professional standards of conduct of the Institute of Internal Auditors and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
- Adequately analyze and document all information systems and related controls, and developing an appropriate audit program to test the controls identified.
- Prepare draft audit reports in good form, with recommendations, appraisals, or analyses that will assist the area manager with the proper discharge of his or her responsibilities.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the security and processing controls as they relate to each audit, and the effectiveness of general computer controls in effect in the IT environment.
- Monitor the project status of new systems development, disaster recovery testing, and the Company’s business continuity plan, and other activities related to IT processing.
- Review the reliability and integrity of the financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Review the means of safeguarding information assets and monitoring of ongoing performance metrics established by the IT and Security functions.
- Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with Company staff and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.#CB
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, IS, or related field is required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- At least one of the following certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and / or CISSA – or working to achieve
- 3-6 years information systems/information security audit experience is required
- Knowledge of auditing of: COBIT control framework; Risk identification, mitigation, and reporting; and, NIST information security standards, are preferred
- Strong knowledge of general computer controls and Sarbanes-Oxley related requirements
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also be able to work closely with other team members
- Ability to innovate and/or think outside of the box to enhance the internal audit function
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
Read Full Job Description