SENIOR IT ANALYST- WMS SYSTEMS- SUPPLY CHAIN
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Supply Chain systems Sr IT Analyst of DC operations team will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, testing, and support of warehouse management systems at ULTA distribution centers. Warehouse applications will include implementation of Manhattan WMOS, SCI, LM, & Slotting Systems, and Material Handling Equipment systems. The Sr IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, vendors, cross functional teams on small to medium project and support functions. They will Lead Supply Chain IT members to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, break-fix work, testing, and support activities to meet the business need in ULTA warehouses.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Contributes to selection of the most appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. Undertakes business requirements as directed, maintaining traceability back to source. Assesses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Leads or participates in requirements prioritization with stakeholders. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Data Analysis – Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components. Liaises with database engineers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Investigates requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional, Technical, Lead, and SME responsibility for Manhattan Associates WMOS, SCI, Slotting, and LM systems by leading small team of resources for support, break-fix, testing, or project work
- Primary focus on Functional, Technical and SME responsibility for Material Handling Equipment operations and systems in Supply Chain area
- Functional responsibility for integration into SAP host systems.
- Lead key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Provide and Lead functional support and troubleshooting for production issues for 24x7 DC operations
- Lead Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis once operation is up and running
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Supply Chain initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows, etc
- Lead or Create support documentation
- 3+ years hands on experience both functional and technical with Manhattan Associates warehouse management application package or WMS system equivalent as functional and/or support analyst.
- Experience with Warehouse control systems, Pick to Voice, and/or Pick/Put to Light Systems desired.
- Strong warehouse knowledge in at least 3 to 4 areas of receiving, putaway, wave management, picking, shipping, inventory control, etc is highly desired.
- Experience on integration between WMS to other host systems preferably SAP
- Experience with WMS solutions in retail or high volume industries.
- Experience in implementing and supporting of warehouse management systems and/or material handling systems
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required