Senior IT Risk & Compliance Analyst at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As a Senior IT Risk & Compliance Analyst, you will assist with driving the transformation of the company’s IT compliance program by supporting the execution of internal and external assessments associated with current and emerging regulations and standards including SOX, SSAE18(SOC), ISO27001, and HIPAA. The person in this key role will work closely with individuals across the organization to understand existing IT policies, procedures and processes and provide insights related to applicable risk areas, mitigations, process improvements, and control recommendations.
Reports To: Director, Product & Tech
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess compliance with policies, standards, and regulations through the performance of risk assessments and controls testing and provide recommendations related to non-compliance areas requiring remediation.
- Support coordination of internal and external audits with IT process owners and other key stakeholders including facilitating evidence collection and other requests from audit teams related to SOX, SSAE18(SOC), ISO27001, and HIPAA.
- Establish centralized compliance repository including drafting and maintaining process and controls documentation, workflows, diagrams, and training materials/manuals related to IT processes.
- Monitor existing risk and controls framework for emerging risks including evaluating applicability to the company and providing control recommendations, where applicable, to align with the company’s risk to clearance level.
- Develop the management action plan related to non-compliance areas and drive to completion including performing final testing to ensure remediation.
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide recommendations to further mature existing IT processes and controls to align with best practices including use of automation and optimization.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to assess compliance implications related to technical implementations and other IT projects and execute pre-implementation reviews.
- Design continuous controls monitoring program utilizing GRC solution, dashboards, analytics, automation, and other supporting tools.
- Facilitate and monitor to completion the execution of certain control activities including periodic user access reviews.
- Prepare ongoing reports with specified metrics/ key performance indicators related to compliance activities, audit results, remediation plans, and other compliance efforts and present to IT and executive management.
- Assist in educating and training individuals across the organization including control and process owners related to compliance concepts, requirements, and responsibilities and establish awareness regarding role of the overall compliance function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience ideally with a Public Accounting firm or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company in one or more of the following areas: IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Risk Management, and IT Governance.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with regulatory frameworks and compliance standards such as SOX, SSAE18 (SOC), COBIT, NIST, ISO, HIPAA, etc.
- Experience with performing technical risk assessments, analyzing risk, and providing recommendation so risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience working and collaborating effectively with executives, technical subject matter experts, and internal/external auditors in gathering information and demonstrating compliance with standards.
- Experience with the monitoring and evaluation of technology processes and controls including design and operating effectiveness testing and reporting on results and recommendations.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high quality documentation related to IT processes including flow charts and data flow diagrams.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to complete assignments timely and effectively.
- Possess one or more of the following professional designations: CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, CISM, CPA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in interacting with technical and non-technical individuals across the business and third parties.
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.