Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re seeking a flexible IT Support Administrator to help manage and support Affirm’s technology infrastructure. For our ideal candidate, troubleshooting and problem-solving are beloved pastimes, and they come with a healthy respect for compliance and documentation.
As a main support administrator of a rapidly growing company, you will be the face of IT in Chicago, with customer satisfaction being your primary goal.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, deploy, and configure new systems to keep up with changing needs
- Support and troubleshoot our end user’s problems both remotely and in-office, as needed
- Monitor for security threats and malware, staying ahead of the curve to protect our users
- Educate on and enforce our IT compliance and policy obligations
- Support the Network infrastructure locally in the Chicago office
- Maintain enterprise systems and company IT assets such as servers and desktops
What We Look For:
- Experience with macOS administration and support
- Ability to improvise and find immediate solutions
- Experience managing formal ticketing systems
- Experience administering SaaS technologies
- Flexibility to work with all types of technology
- macOS, Windows, Check Scanners, Network devices, etc.
- Experience with machine and account provisioning and deprovisioning
- Experience managing Enterprise security:
- Endpoint security—disk encryption, OS firewalls, laptop/mobile lockdown
- Email security—tools for signed/encrypted email communication
- Mobile device management technologies
- Experience administering Google for Business
- Self motivated to learn and advance their career within IT
- Experience with AV systems and photo/video editing
- Ability to explain difficult technical concepts without being condescending
- Apple Certified Associate or ACSP certification
- Automation and scripting experience
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira & Confluence
- Goes above and beyond the traditional IT role to assist the office, and greater company to run at maximum efficiency
- Confidence to maintain office IT infrastructure on their own, as needed
Location - Chicago, U.S.:
This role requires your physical presence in the office on a regular basis.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.