Senior Mainframe CICS System Programmer at Ensono
What you will do:• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.• Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
- Coordinate the setup and modification of alerting, automation and monitoring rules to promote stability and availability.
- Modify CICS environments as needed to meet these objectives:
- Run efficiently
- Use new services such as web, aws and cloud services
- Parameter setting standards
- Highlight areas of application improvement to clients
- Document run environments for each client
- Analyze monitoring thresholds; adjust for each client
What you will need:• Bachelor's degree required and/or equivalent work experience. • 10+ years experience on the zSeries (mainframe) platform including "hands on" technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to CICS TS and OEM product support.• Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of CICS TS and installation and tailoring of CICS TS and as well as CICS TS related OEM products.• Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM's SMP/E. • Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.• Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.• Self-motivated and able to work independently. • Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.