Provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to CICS.
What you will do:
• Fulfill customer service orders (CSOs) for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
• Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
• Follow procedures for installing OEM software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
• Work with members of other functional towers in preparing customer partitions for regular (approximately once per year) operating system upgrade process via a checklist of proactive actions.
• Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to CICS TS and related OEM software products.
• Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
• In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
• Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
• Follow ITSM change control procedures g:
· Implementing vendor product specific corrections (“fixes”) and
· Upgrading, maintaining, enhancing or providing new options to applicable z/OS products within any given customer partition.
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years experience on the zSeries (mainframe) platform including “hands on” technical experience (installation and maintenance of products) related to CICS TS and OEM product support.
• Thorough working knowledge of the capabilities and use of CICS TS and installation and tailoring of CICS TS and as well as CICS TS related OEM products.
• Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of CICS TS concepts, configuration and tailoring.
• Thorough working knowledge of products used to monitor performance of CICS TS regions.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.