Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Develop, maintain, and socialize strategic product road-map for Discover’s award winning digital properties, including mobile app and browser.
- Create and execute a customer-centric initiative road map alongside cross-functional partners in customer service, brand and technology to drive further differentiation.
- Knowledgeable of technology, data-driven decision making and presenting to executive stakeholders.
- Drives alignment with executive leadership; and clearly articulates complex ideas.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop mid to long term product strategy for Discover’s mobile app and website based on understanding of current and future customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging digital trends and internal resourcing.
- Identifies new opportunities and builds evidence backed business cases for initiatives. Proactively identifies new digital capabilities and customer experience enhancements that will support Discover’s goal to have best in class digital servicing.
- Coordinates with external vendors and partners to identify industry leading methods such as emerging technology, experiences, etc. that differentiate Discover from competitors.
- Works cross functionally across card, bank and other areas to builds pipeline for digital innovation with focus on creating best-in-class customer experiences. Socializes and aligns complex ideas to gain sponsorship at an executive level.
- Leads a team that analyzes current digital experiences to identify and address points of customer friction or frustration. Responsible for coaching, hiring, firing of team members. Provides oversight and direction to staff.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, Management Consulting, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Strategic Planning, Road Map Development, or related field
- In lieu of education, 12+ years of experience in Product Management, Management Consulting, or related field including Strategic Planning/Development with Apps and Mobile Technology including People Management
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s Degree in Business, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management, Management Consulting, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Strategic Planning, Road Map Development, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Consumer-facing Apps, Enterprise-level Apps, Domain, Mobile Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.