Senior Manager, Business Applications at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm Business Applications team is responsible for the Customer, Merchant and Frontline team experiences in our service offerings through our many help properties (help centers, self service tools) and 1:1 service offerings (phone, chat, email). Our mission is to enable a World-Class Servicing Experience between Affirm Operations and its network of Customers and Merchants by designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining innovative and intuitive solutions that are reliable, scalable, and enjoyable.
We deliver service platform strategies in close relationship with our Operational, Product Management, UX, and Engineering partners. We are champions of the customer experience, advocating for big-picture vision that is backed by data-driven insights. Our work enables Affirm to deliver a delightful service experience to our customers.
This team works with partner and customer facing service teams across Affirm Ops to enable them with the tools and insights needed to most effectively and efficiently deliver service to our end user. To deliver these solutions, we go deep to understand business priorities, translate to a tooling strategy and roadmap, and work with our Product and Engineering partners to develop and deploy solutions to enable Ops teams. As Head of this function, you will lead a team of Developers, Admins and Program Managers working with Product Management and Engineering Leadership across Affirm to craft and deliver tools for our high-touch service teams. You will help scope, build, and bring to market innovative tools that meet the needs of our frontline teams.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Develop tools strategy for Customer, Merchant and Fraud Operations teams in the Affirm Ops organization. Develop a coordinated roadmap for servicing infrastructure & tools, and align the direction with the product leadership team.
- Team management: Lead a team of System Developers, Administrators and Program Managers that build and maintain a stack of operational systems and tools for Affirm Operations (Customer, Merchant and Fraud Ops teams). Guide the Servicing Infrastructure & Tools team to shape the production and administration operational strategy for all Ops.
- Leadership: Develop the vision, goals / OKRs, priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality customer service and ongoing technical skill development. Develop and execute robust prioritization operations across the Servicing Infrastructure & Tools footprint.
- Stakeholder Management: Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate customer needs into a better overall product. Build positive relationships with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure a collaborative approach to delivering innovative tools. Ensure accountability of product teams for delivering on requirements and business team engagement for delivering on deployment goals.
- Issue Resolution & Prevention: Partner with Software Engineering to handle production incidents in real time with emphasis on timely and thorough issue identification and customer communication. Resolve high-profile escalations and issues, improve the customer experience, and drive initiatives that increase their likelihood of success on our platform.
What we look for
- 10 years of enterprise systems integration, strategy consulting, or product management experience.
- Negotiation experience. Experience influencing senior executives.
- Experience delivering business change initiatives and working with product development teams.
- Experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (e.g. engineering, product management, analytics, operations)
- Operational experience in roles such as System development, Workflow management, training, or routing infrastructure
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence senior stakeholders across organizational borders
- Distinctive delivery approach with aim to solve complex problems through structured root cause problem solving and tenacious prioritization, especially in areas with high levels of ambiguity
- Capable of speaking to both technical and business stakeholders and users
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong communication, project management and analytical skills
- Salesforce Platform Developer certification helpful
- Expert level proficiency in Salesforce.com and proven grasp of CPQ, SOQL and Apex
- Experience using Visualforce, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch Apex, and other programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform - helpful
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.