Senior Manager: Clinical and Quality Assurance - Rx Renewal at Walgreens
Responsible for establishing a quality system and team that ensures the delivery of outstanding customer satisfaction, product excellence and high financial performance for our business. Serves as subject matter expert for clinical decision support. Invest time understanding the measures in place across a multi-disciplined team, continuously championing improvement efforts and reduction in risks/issues.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs. Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of quality assurance experience, OR a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 10 years of quality assurance experience.
- Experience developing SOPs and company guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead company audits during regulatory inspections.
- Prior line-management and team-building experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with vendors of outsourced services.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage complex projects with multiple
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of direct and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution (internal candidates); BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution and 5 years of retail pharmacy management experience (external candidates).
- 3 years of combined experience as a pharmacy manager or pharmacist
- Advanced degree in Program Management, Product Management,
- Business Administration or Engineering Six Sigma black-belt certification, with a proven track record of business performance improvement
- Experience working in an agile work environment
- Prior work experience with Walgreens.