OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
- Reporting to the VP, Operational Risk, you will oversee a newly developed team that:
- Responds to inbound calls from customers to provide them with product and service information in response to complaints
- Follows-up on all customer complaints by phone and email
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues
- Provides exceptional service to our callers to ensure their complaints are resolved completely and timely
- Train customer complaint representatives to recognize, document and alert the supervisors of trends in complaints
- Develop and conduct complaint company-wide training
- Develop/conduct root cause analysis regarding themes and repetitive issues
- Develop and present complaints level data/reporting to senior leadership highlighting trends, areas for improvement and risk mitigation
Experience in complaints management, preferably in the financial services/FinTech environment. Deep knowledge of the regulatory environment in lending. Love of developing a function from scratch and rolling it out. Experience leading a team and developing people.
- BA degree required
- 5+ years experience in customer complaints handling
- 3 years experience managing and coaching a team
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan as well as rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].