Senior Manager Cybersecurity- 3rd Shift
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Discover Cybersecurity Monitoring Team is looking for a new and qualified Senior Manager to join our ranks. Our team is part of the Security Intelligence and Incident Response Team (SIIRT), and serves alongside other teams within the Cybersecurity department as experts in the detection and analysis of all technology-related security incidents. We maintain a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center and employ a multitude of enterprise-grade security solutions to achieve our mission. Our primary goals are the timely and accurate identification of incidents, mastery of the technologies and information we analyze, maintaining expert-level knowledge of detection tools and techniques, and properly escalating incidents for response and containment.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated professionals who have a strong passion for information security– and a burning desire to learn. We value people who enjoy being challenged on a daily basis to stay one step ahead of an ever-changing landscape of threats and adversaries. We seek a highly-technical Senior Manager to join us in guarding our enterprise as the last line of defence.
This is a 3rd Shift Senior Manager position working Monday-Friday.
- Supports staff to execute timely, accurate, and factual incident analysis through collaboration and innovative research
- Coordinates employee resources to ensure security monitoring and analysis services function at 24x7x365 availability
- Establishes operational procedures, run books, and patterns to increase awareness and drive consistent execution of analysis
- Develops staff through consistent mentoring at the individual and team level and by evolving analyst training programs
- Communicates potential incidents to leadership and/or affected parties in a timely, accurate, and informative manner
- Employs metrics and automated reporting to understand the output of the team’s people, processes, and dependent technologies
- Identifies failures and makes alterations to help drive improvements and efficiencies for staff deliverables
- Publishes high-quality metrics, presentations, and reports for consumption from both technical and business audiences
- Anticipates and escalates potential issues or risks that could impact Security Operations or Cybersecurity functions and services
- Provides assurance, guidance, and direction in the formalization of the cybersecurity framework.
- Directs the delivery of security programs and advanced secure architecture, systems, and applications. Manages risk effectively by translating regulatory requirements and business needs to develop security controls.
- Recommends remediation strategies to mitigate risk and close gaps. Leads the development of defense systems to counter breaches and cyberattacks.
- Manages a team that develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive cybersecurity program. Oversees the evaluation, design, and implementation of security programs, controls, and infrastructure solutions. Manages the cybersecurity initiatives pipeline. Identifies cybersecurity impacts and risk considerations. Reviews regulatory and audit findings. Manages remediation of threat and risk issues. Directs the development of data analytics, metrics, reporting, and statistical analyses.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- 6+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of leadership experience in cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, compliance or relevant discipline; desired experience in credit card, financial and/or banking industry (or similarly regulated industry)
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Prior experience detecting, analyzing and/or responding to security incidents
- 8 years of experience in cybersecurity (including, but not limited to, incident handling, triage, and risk management)
- 2 years of leadership experience focused on cybersecurity monitoring & detection
- A deep understanding of analysis techniques and a proficiency in the use of common security analysis tools
- Experience aggregating, examining, mining, exporting, reporting, and visualizing threat intelligence and incident data
- Hands-on experience with common security technologies (IDS, Firewall, SIEM, etc.)
- An understanding of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities, and exploits
CompTIA Network+/Security+, GIAC (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GPEN, GREM, etc.), CISSP
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.