Senior Manager DMS at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Manage, coach, and lead an improvement team of Lean and Agile practitioners.
- Develop the team to effectively teach, coach, and facilitate.
- Coach business leaders in Lean and Agile management mindsets and behaviors to instill a culture of continual improvement.
How You’ll Do It
- Engage with, and establish, trusted working relationship with leaders of business units and/or value streams to understand their business objectives and develop improvement plans that deliver material impact.
- Lead improvement teams of Agile and Lean practitioners. Build and develop high-performing teams to drive material improvement in Value Streams/Business Units and export Lean talent to Discover.
- Conduct training, workshops, and assessments to advance DMS maturity in the organization.
- Participate in or lead technical expert groups to maintain and improve standards and methodologies.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, economics, operations management, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in engineering, operations, change management, continuous improvement, process management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in continuous improvement, strategic change management, training, development, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in engineering, business, economics, operations management, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in management consulting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Lean Certifications: Black Belt or Master Black Belt
- Agile-related certification, SAFE Program Consultants certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.